Persuasive Essay Topics On Hamlet
‘To be or not to be?’ You will scarcely meet a person who has never heard these words or even quoted them. Shakespeare’s play ‘Hamlet’ is still well-known all over the world. This story of revenge and a philosophical sense of death can frighten a person and make one think, but leaves no one indifferent. You can talk about this literature masterpiece for ages. So if you have a task to write essays on it, it’s better to define essay topics for high school. We prepared thought-provoking essay topics for ‘Hamlet’ so you can choose the most appropriate one.
Our topic list consists of two parts according to the type of essay. Below, you’ll find expository and persuasive essay topics.
Expository Essay Topics
- Explore the role of the minor characters in the play. Think about their significance in revealing the main subject and the major figures.
- Should we suppose Hamlet is an indecisive person? Why did he refuse to take revenge? Comment on his intentions to commit suicide.
- The main theme of ‘Hamlet’ is the struggle between good and evil. Do you agree with this statement? Analyze opposing characters.
- Shakespeare explores the conflict between appearance and reality in ‘Hamlet’. The essential theme of the play is Hamlet’s unwillingness to put up with reality. Give your evaluation.
- Do you think Ophelia’s decision to commit suicide was unwise? Did she have another choice? What would you recommend her to do instead?
If you choose from the expository essay topics for ‘Hamlet’, you’ll need to give:
- Personal analysis
In an expository essay, you can share your thoughts and personal views without strong evidence supporting every word.
Persuasive Essay Topics
- Shakespeare displays the fixed idea of death in ‘Hamlet’. Prove or disapprove this statement. What are the differences between Hamlet’s perception of death and the gravediggers?
- Describe Claudius as a ruler. Give the proofs of your claims. Who would be the better king in your opinion? Who is responsible for the demise of the state in ‘Hamlet’?
- Should we assume ‘Hamlet’ as a pure tragedy? Find examples of comic elements in the play. Pay attention to Osric and Polonius. How do you suppose the comedy is to defuse the situation or it plays the ironical part?
- The first scene introduces us to the Ghost. Find the evidence in the text that supports the idea of his real existence. If you think that he indicates Hamlet’s mental disturbance, prove it.
- Talk about Hamlet’s attitude towards Ophelia. Do you think he ever loved her truly? What were the discrepancies between his words and actions? Find arguments in the text to support your point of view.
If you choose persuasive essay topics, remember that your aim is to persuade your audience that your opinion is right. So, check for:
- Strong stance for your thesis statement
- Powerful arguments
- Examples from the text
What Else Can We Do for You?
We hope that these essay topics for ‘Hamlet’ help you to create magnificent work as well as Hamlet Essay Sample. And if you are busy for any reason, we can help you, too. Go to our online resource, WritemyEssayOnline.com if you need some help from qualified and experienced writers. You have a possibility to order a paper of any type on any discipline and topic within any formatting style. It can be used as a template for your own research. You don’t have to pay the whole sum in advance. Besides, you’ll have the possibility to track the order progress and even preview your order for free. Try the experience right now. We are available 24/7!
A List Of Fresh College Essay Topics For Hamlet
Take notes whilst reading the play to help when it comes to writing the essay
If you have to write a paper on any of Shakespeare’s plays, the writing process becomes a lot easier if you have taken notes whilst reading the play. Whether you write them directly on the page of the book, next to the passage that you want to reference, or you have a separate notebook with which to write down any observations you make, by writing things down, not only does it help the memory process, but it makes it quicker and easier to look for any references.
Using study guides in order to create good essays
As well as taking notes, it can be quite useful to purchase a study guide. There are many study guides available for all of Shakespeare’s plays, and they provide a useful analysis with which to base your work on. Whether you are taking notes or using a study guide, both processes help to stimulate your mind and therefore think of good fresh essay topics to write about.
Reading other people’s interpretation and analyse of Hamlet
As well as using study guides, it can be a good idea to try and research and find out more about other people’s essays. Not only can it help you to learn more about the play, but it is an excellent way of providing creativity and inspiration when you need to think of topic ideas of your own. A simple search of the Internet will help you to find many past examples of essays written about Hamlet.
Some essay topics that you could use when writing a paper on Hamlet
- -Analyse the way in which Comedy is used in Hamlet
- -How is the theme of suicide approached and dealt with in Hamlet?
- -Analyse the relationship between Hamlet and Gertrude
- -What comparisons and distinctions can be made about the characters of Hamlet and Horatio?
- -Analyse the different attitudes towards death displayed by the various characters in Hamlet
- -Discuss the role and representation of women in Hamlet in terms of social commentary of the day
- -Analyse the importance of revenge plots and their significance in Hamlet
- -Various themes are covered in Hamlet: analyse and explain the importance of death and corruption
- -Analyse three important aspects of Hamlet’s character
- -Discuss the importance of having Hamlet set in the country of Denmark