Free Sales Manager Cover Letters
Round out your job application with a professional cover letter. We have plenty of info about cover letters and how to write your own, but if you are specifically looking to work as a sales manager, you’ve come to the right place.
Use this sample as reference for writing your own, or simply replace our information with your own. If, however, you’d rather have it professionally written, let our cover letter builder do the heavy lifting.
Table of Contents
- Sales Manager Cover Letter & Resume (Image)
- Sales Manager Cover Letter (Text Format)
- 5 Tips for Writing Your Sales Manager Cover Letter
1. Sales Manager Cover Letter Sample (Image)
The below images show both the Sales Manager Cover Letter and the Sales Manager Resume. You can download your own for free by clicking the images below.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Retail Manager Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Looking for something different? Check out our cover letter collection for more examples.
2. Customer Service Cover Letter (Text Format)
142 Facebook Blvd.
Raleigh, NC, 94301 United States
March 21, 2017
Hiring Manager’s Name
341 Company Address
Raleigh, NC, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
My name is David Chalice, and I am a sales manager with experience in regional territory management and marketing brand strategy. I was contacted via LinkedIn about your National Sales Manager position and think I would be the best fit for the role.
As a sales manager with 8 years of experience at Stone & Meyer, I consistently exceeded monthly sales goals resulting in annual increases in profits 6 years in a row. I believe my dedication and proven track record demonstrate my ability to substantially increase profits at Wilford & Co. Here are three examples of my contributions that have had a positive and lasting impact on Stone & Meyer:
- Designed an innovative marketing strategy to boost market penetration, increasing our operating profit margin by 30% in 2016.
- Analyzed sales pipelines and trends with senior management in order to forecast quarterly sales goals and quotas with 95% accuracy.
- Devised social media strategies that align with corporate B2C initiatives and objectives.
I’ve noticed Wilson & Co. has made great efforts to meet increasing customer demand for IoT and M2M sectors. This is a commendable strategy, as this branch of the industry is expected to garner profits exceeding $500 million dollars in revenue this year alone.
I am thrilled at the prospect of working with your company and would like to come in for an interview as soon as possible. Please contact me at [Phone] or via email at [Email] so we can arrange a suitable time to meet. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
3. 5 Tips for Writing a Sales Manager Cover Letter
1. Be specific: A strong cover letter will provide information about your past roles, what you did there, and how qualified you are as a candidate. It should also be assertive: let the employer know you want the position and believe you are the best fit. As a sales manager, you want to be explicit and convincing.
2. Emphasize skills: If you are already in a managerial role or are applying for one, you will want to prove that you can take charge. Provide examples that demonstrate your leadership qualities and effectiveness as a manager.
If you are already in a managerial role or are applying for one, you will want to prove that you can take charge. Provide examples that demonstrate your leadership qualities and effectiveness as a manager.
3. Quantify: The best way to convince an employer of your ability is to give them quantified work experience. This kind of results-oriented language is vivid and helps employer’s gauge what kind of candidate you are.
4. Sell Yourself: The importance of selling yourself cannot be overstated. In a cover letter, it is acceptable to say that you’re the best candidate for the job. You want to come across as confident, knowledgeable, and dependable.
5. Borrow from your resume: It’s ok to restate key examples, words, and phrases from your resume. After all, that’s your best ammunition, so why not use it again? Choose aspects of your resume that pertain to the employer’s needs; this will make you stand out from the competition.
Sales Manager Cover Letter Sample 1:
I am writing in regards to your search for a new sales manager at your esteemed company. As the largest independent ad network in the market today, the company defines a great sense of energy and pride within the field; the type of environment I excel in. I believe that my combination of professional experience and education has given me valuable insight and makes me a well-qualified candidate for the position.
I have had several experiences facilitating national marketing/sales managers and quickly developing rapport with clients as well as colleagues. My understanding of taking on key leadership skills has led me to be a proactive, solutions-minded individual with superior judgment and decision-making abilities. As a result, it has greatly contributed to my valuable insight on the unique position your company holds among its broad worldwide audience.
My strong work ethic and positive energy level gives me the confidence that the synthesis of my education and work experience will enable me to make immediate and valuable contributions to your company.
I appreciate the time you have taken to read this letter and to review the resume that follows. I look forward to further discussing with you, during a more extensive interview, the efficiency and effectiveness that I will bring to my work as a sales manager at your company.
Sales Manager Cover Letter Sample 2:
In response to your posting for the position of Sales Manager, I would like to present my resume for your review and consideration. Having worked in a wide range of media sales environments in both sales and sales management capacities and, most recently, having published my own targeted magazine, I believe strongly I present solid experience which would make me an asset to your sales team. My specific applied experience is primarily in print media however I do bring experience in digital advertising sales. I have recently completed a contract position as Sales Manager for a media company whose products include print, consumer promotion and online properties.
As a sales manager I have had experience in recruiting, developing and mentoring strong focused and creative sales teams across the country. I possess solid management skills, sound creative and strategic sales skills and derive tremendous satisfaction from working within a team focused on driving sales and satisfying advertisers objectives in a collaborative manner.
It is with tremendous interest and enthusiasm I offer my resume for your consideration. I am a seasoned media sales management professional with a wealth of advertising industry experience and I am confident in my abilities to assist in growing future advertising sales revenues through a lead by example and motivational management style. I would appreciate your consideration to be a part of your team.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration of my resume. I look for to your reply and your interest. I would welcome an opportunity to schedule a personal meeting in order to discuss my qualifications in greater detail at your earliest convenience.
Sales Manager Cover Letter Sample 3:
Your advertisement for a sales manager position was of great interest for me as based on your requirements/description I believe I am a perfect fit for the job. I am a pro-active, highly-qualified, and self-motivated professional with a history of cultivating and maintaining win/win relationships. I can communicate easily with both sales staff and clients/customers alike; motivating the sales people while influencing clients/customers with a credible style that makes them want to do business.
My accomplishments include:
- A track record of consistent successful sales, sales management, marketing, sales training and operations
- Proven ability to deliver predictable and consistent results
- Contributing to a company’s growth through development and implementation of corporate strategies
Personally committed to continued growth and excellence, I have the drive, energy, vision, leadership, and implementation skills to make a positive difference to your company. I believe my experience in sales, sales management, marketing and sales training qualifies me for the position.
Greater detail is supplied on the attached resume, including my education in professional development, and I would be glad to elaborate on any of this information when we meet face to face. My 24 year tenure with my previous employer is a testament to my dedication, adaptability and penchant for learning and growing professionally. I am confident that you will be interested in my track record and ability in order to help your company achieve important business goals while enhancing your company profile. I sincerely hope you will allow me the opportunity to demonstrate this by granting me an interview.